Saturday 16 July 2016

Book Review - Yellow Brick War By Danielle Paige

Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige
(Book three to Dorothy Must Die)

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Release Date: 07 April 2016

Pages: 288

Summary: In Yellow Brick War, the new girl from Kansas Amy Gumm is caught between her home and Oz. Tornadoes must have a thing about girls from Kansas, because-just like Dorothy Amy got swept away on one too. She landed in Oz, where Good is Wicked, Wicked is Good, and the Wicked Witches clued her in to her true calling: an assassin. The only way to stop Dorothy from destroying Oz and Kansas is to kill her and Amy Gumm is the only one who can do it. But she failed. Because of Amy, the portal between the worlds has been opened. And if she can't find a way to close it Dorothy will make sure she'll never get to go home again. She must stop Dorothy once and for all.

My Thoughts: This book was great. Probably my favourite from this series so far. The beginning continued on directly from where The Wicked Will Rise ended and I loved it. Yet again, Yellow Brick War ended in such an irritating cliff hanger I can't wait until book four comes out!!

I loved seeing Amy and her mother again. Their relationship changed and it was so nice to see it. I also liked how Danielle Paige stripped Amy of her powers in Kansas so she had to carry out her 'mission' without them.

The whole concept of finding Dorothy's shoes was so well done and the whole rest of the plot entwined so well. The action really made an impact on the book and made it really enjoyable for me to read.

The Dorothy Must Die series is a brilliant re-telling of The Wizard of Oz. It's so unique and it's nice to read something different every once in a while!

Tell me in the comments if this is your type of thing.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, I love your reviews. But yellow Brick War wasn't one of my favourite books....I never enjoyed the Wizard of Oz and don't like this version either...sorry! Looking forward to your next post Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I'm glad you like my reviews. That's ok that you don't like Yellow Brick War, I know it's not for everyone. It is quite different from the Wizard of Oz but I do get where you're coming from. Hope you find something else that suits you soon!

      Delete