Saturday 16 July 2016

Book Review - The Selection By Kiera Cass

The Selection by Kiera Cass

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Release Date: 24 April 2012

Pages: 336

Summary: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a competition for a crown that she doesn't want. They are living in a palace that is constantly threatened by rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon and she starts to question all the plans she's made for her life and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Thoughts: I absolutely love The Selection. It's one of my all time favourite series now. America is an amazing character, she's very independent and she speaks up for what she believes in.

Maxon is another great character and I loved reading about life in the palace. I also love that this book is much more than what the cover lets on. There is a fantasy element to it, which really adds to the story. 

This book is beautiful, I flew through it so quick it was so hard to put down! The concept of The Selection is so interesting and I can't recommend this series enough.

Tell me your thoughts in the comments! 









No comments:

Post a Comment