Saturday 16 July 2016

Book Review - The Lifeboat Clique By Kathy Parks

The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Release Date: 01 March 2016

Pages: 336

Summary: Some people might say that Denver has a death wish. Why else would she dare to sneak into a Malibu beach party where she'd be surrounded by enemies? Oh yeah. Croix. Denver never thought in a million years that he'd be interested in her and during the party a tsunami hits the coast of California, and Denver and a handful of others escape death and are swept out to sea. Of course, one of her fellow castaways is none other than her ex-best friend, Abigail, who can barely stand the sight of her. Trapped on a small boat with the most popular kids in school and waiting to be rescued, Denver wonders what might kill her first dehydration, sunstroke, or the girl she used to think of as a sister

My Thoughts: This book was great. Denver was such a relatable character to me and I just loved her straight away. She's quite shy but very smart and she does stand up for herself and I liked to see that come out during the novel.

The story line was so funny about the tsunami but it still seemed like a survival story and it was really. Denver ended up in the boat with three other girls and one boy, and I hated all four of them. The Lifeboat Clique really created those cliques so well and you could really see the separation between the characters and the cruelty coming from some too.

It kind of alternated chapters from the present ( in the boat ) to the past when Denver and Abigail were friends and constantly building up to why that became ex - best friends. Honestly, I didn't enjoy those chapters as much and I just found myself skimming through them just because I didn't find them that interesting. 

Overall, it was a nice, light read. My favourite part was reading about how they managed to survive through everything and stay alive. I would recommend The Lifeboat Clique to anyone who is just in the mood for something simple and quick.

The cover is also a major bonus! It's so gorgeous and I love how they put in the little parrot on the side of the boat! What do you guys think? Have you read this book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment