Friday 15 July 2016

Book Review - Everything, Everything By Nicola Yoon

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Publisher: Random House Children's Publishers UK

Release Date: 01 September 2015

Pages: 320

Summary: Madeline Whittier is allergic to the outside world. She has never left the house in seventeen years. But when Olly moves in next door, and wants to talk to Maddy, tiny holes start to appear in the protective bubble her mother has built around her. Olly writes his IM address on a piece of paper, shows it at her window, and suddenly, a door opens. But does Maddy dare to step outside her comfort zone? 

My Thoughts: Everything, Everything is such a beautiful debut novel. It's written so well and it flows perfectly. There is also cute little illustrations throughout the book which is really different and adds to it! Madeline and Olly often email and text too which Nicola Yoon puts in that format which is quite unique.

Madeline is a lovely character, her life is described so well it feels as if you're living it yourself. She loves to read and even her bedroom is described so you can picture it in your head.

Madeline and Olly were so great together and their relationship grew so slowly it was so nice to see how they got closer to each other and how they got on.

The ending was amazing and it really made me think. It was a huge twist and came as a big shock to me!! I don't want to do any spoilers, so you just have to read it to find out what happens for yourself.

It's definitely something I recommend to you guys. It's a cute contemporary but it's not too simple. It's one of the most beautiful novels I've ever read and I actually got my copy signed when I was on holidays!

Let me know in the comments if you've decided to give Everything, Everything a go.








No comments:

Post a Comment