Friday 7 August 2015

Book Review - The Fault In Our Stars By John Green

This book is a stand alone book by John Green.

It follows two teenagers named Hazel and Augustus who met at a Cancer Support Group and how from there they get to know each other and their relationship gets stronger. Hazel suffers with lung cancer and Augustus suffered with cancer in his leg but it had been gone for a while when the book began. 

From there the book follows their lives and their battles against their sicknesses and things that happen to them along the way.

I enjoyed this book but I think it was over hyped. It was written really well but it didn't really live up to my expectations. It was a really quick read but when I finished I didn't have the same wow factor and I wasn't in any way in love with the characters. But the concept was beautiful all the same. I'd give this book a 3.5/5 stars.

If you've read this please let me know what you thought. Thank you.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment