Friday 7 August 2015

Book Review - Dorothy Must Die By Danielle Paige

This is the first book in Danielle's Dorothy Must Die series.

Image result for dorothy must dieIt is almost like a retelling of The Wizard of Oz but not exactly. It follows an ordinary girl from Kansas named Amy Gumm who gets swept away to Oz in a tornado and when she gets there she gets into trouble and then has to join an organisation to become free. She is then given a task to - 

Remove the tin woodman's heart,
Steal the scarecrow's brains,
Take the lions courage 
And then she must kill Dorothy!!

I enjoyed this book so much and the storyline was so good. I loved how in the book the author turned the original Oz story around so that Dorothy was evil.
I give this book 4.5/5 stars, it was such a quick read and I loved every character in it.

The second book in this series is The Wicked Will Rise and I cannot wait to read it!!!

I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did because I literally could not put this book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment