Sunday 22 November 2015

Book Review - The Rest Of Us Just Live Here By Patrick Ness

As far as I know this is a stand alone novel by Patrick Ness.

This book is about the people in a novel that are... just there. They're not the "chosen ones" or particularly special they just live there, like Mikey. Mikey just wants to finish school and go to prom, but things aren't that easy where he comes from. What they call the "indie kids" (chosen ones) seem to have a weekly schedule of trying to destroy the world and are dying left, right and centre and never care for the likes of Mikey and his friends. Caught up in these events Mikey has to try to find the extraordinary part of his life along with his best friend, Jared, who is worshiped by mountain lions!!

It was such an easy read. I read it in one sitting and just loved it. It's nice to read about how the ordinary/side characters feel in books. I never would have thought about them before but now I think I always will. Mikey and his group of friends were so close, especially him and Jared, who I loved. A god of mountain lions he was a bit of a random addition to the book but he was so funny throughout. The opening chapter drew me into their little group and I found each of the characters very individual and equally interesting. This book gets a 4/5 stars. 

If you read this book be sure to tell me what you thought of it.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment