Saturday 28 November 2015

Birthday Wrap Up

My birthday fell on the 27th of November and I received three hardback books that I am very excited about! Here is the wrap up of the books I got:



The first one I got is Endgame: Sky Key by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton. It is the second book in the Endgame series. Two of the players of Endgame found Earth Key in the first book and now the 9 remaining players are on the hunt for Sky Key. I've been waiting for this book to come out for so long now and I'm very excited to read it.







The second book I received is The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.
It's about a girl named Shahrzad who lives in a land where the eighteen year old king takes a new bride every day and kills her in the morning. Our main character decides to volunteer so she can get revenge on the prince, Khalid, for murdering her best friend along with all the other women. Through a devious plan she survives the night and the story evolves from there.
I have had this book on my wishlist for a good while now and I am so delighted I finally got it. Not to mention, the cover is absolutely beautiful and the pages have deckle edges!!






The last book I got was Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.
The main character, Harper Price, is a southern belle who finds out she has incredible abilities after a homecoming dance! She has developed super strength and lethal fighting instincts. She then is given someone she has to protect, David Stark, who is probably her least favourite person in the world and also has the fate to destroy earth. I love the cover of this book too. The pearls suggest a frivolous, light read but then you notice the knife and it's not so frivolous anymore!! I love the shade of pink on the cover as well. 





I was very happy with all the books I received for my birthday and I can't wait to read them all and I'll make sure to post reviews when I do as I know I've only put a very brief description of each above.

If you have read any of these books I'd love to hear what you thought of them.

Leah.




No comments:

Post a Comment