Monday 2 November 2015

Book Review - Crystal Magic By Madeline Freeman

This is the first book in the Clearwater Witches series.

It follows a strange sixteen year old girl named Kristyl Barnette. When Kristyl is around things happen. Windows break, lights flicker and things are throw across the room without being touched. Because of this, Kristyl is an outcast and is constantly getting in trouble for these things even though she claims she doesn't do anything. Then a tragedy happens and Kristyl has to move in with her aunt, Jodi and is forced to move school. Now, Kristyl is determined to change things and she even manages to makes some friends. But after a short encounter with Crystal Jamison, the schools mean girl, Kristyl finds that Crystal is always watching her. Because Crystal knows what she is, a witch. Jodi has told Kristyl she doesn't want her using magic but as Jodi falls extremely ill from a mysterious illness, Kristyl is forced to enlist the witches in order to save her aunt.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Straight away as it opened I was engrossed and the writing flowed so well. Kristyl was a lovely character and I really knew her well by the time the book ended. The whole story surrounding the witches was brilliant and they were some slight twists to do with that part that I loved. Overall this book is worthy of a 4/5 stars.....

And if we were talking about the cover a definite 10/10 for that too!!! For once, they did people on covers right. I just absolutely love it. Sadly I read this on kindle so I don't get to appreciate the cover fully but it's pretty amazing if you ask me.

Thanks for reading and I hope you give this book a try.

Leah.



No comments:

Post a Comment