Sunday 22 November 2015

Book Review - Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children By Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is the first book in Ransom Riggs trilogy.

It follows a sixteen year old boy named Jacob who, after a family tragedy, is journeying off to a remote island near Whales. There, he finds the dilapidated Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children. As a child Jacob's grandfather had told him stories of the home where he spent a lot of his childhood living. He showed Jacob pictures of the people that used to live there and now Jacob realizes these people are much more than peculiar and he soon discovers the house is not as abandoned as he thought it was.

This book was a wonderful mix of photography and fantasy. The photographs helped to create an image in my mind of the different characters and they often added to the suspense of the story as well. All the character were very unique and I loved hearing the stories from Jacob's grandfather at the beginning of the novel. I would rate this book a 4.5/5 stars. My only problem was at times I found Jacob a bit boring and annoying but other than that it was brilliant! The ending was great too and really made me excited for the next book.

I cannot wait to finish this series very soon. Thanks for reading.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment