Monday 20 July 2015

Book Review - The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

I bought this while in Dublin, it's a book of prequel novellas to go with the Throne of Glass series.

The book includes five novellas -
Image result for the assassins bladeThe Assassin and the Pirate Lord,
The Assassin and the Healer,
The Assassin and the Desert,
The Assassin and the Underworld
The Assassin and the Empire.

I loved reading these novellas because seeing into Calaena's background really helps you to get to know her. The novellas are set a while before Sam dies and I liked seeing their relationship develop before the accident. 

My favourite novella was The Assassin in the Desert because Calaena learned how to be a brilliant assassin from the leader of the assassins in the desert. 

I would recommend following up from the series with this if you would like to know more about Calaena's past. 

Right now these are the only books that are publishing in the series and the next one, The Queen of Shadows, is coming out later this year. I can't wait for it to see what will happen next.

Leah.    


1 comment:

  1. I read scarlet and thought it was amazing I have started reading a new book called frozen by Melissa De La Cruz and Michael Johnston. So far it's been sooo good. I am hoping to get cinder or cress next. Thanks Leah ,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete