Saturday 5 September 2015

Book Review - Delirium By Lauren Oliver

This is the first book in the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. 

It follows a girl named Lena who lives in a world where love is a disease and soon she will be cured which means she will not love anyone for the rest of her life. She is very much looking forward to this, until she meets Alex. As Alex and Lena fall in love they have to try to find a way for Lena to avoid the cure.

This book was so good. Although this book focuses a good bit on Lena and Alex's relationship, in the next book the action really begins. I usually love books full of action but this one is quite simple and I found that none of the scenes were dragged out too much even though the plot did not contain anything wild. I also loved the relationship between Lena and Alex and the way when they first meet Lena thinks she is "infected" with the disease until she realizes that love is not a bad thing. I love Lauren Oliver's writing style and I would rate this book 4/5 stars!

I would highly recommend this series. 

Leah.     

No comments:

Post a Comment