Saturday 21 May 2016

Book Review - The Kiss Of Deception By Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss Of Deception is the first book in The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson.

The Kiss of DeceptionIt follows a princess named Lia who flees her kingdom on her wedding day to avoid an arranged marriage that was supposed to secure an alliance with another kingdom. She settles in a small village and starts getting used to her life there until two mysterious men arrive. Lia doesn't know it yet but these men are the prince she was engaged to and an assassin that was sent to kill her. 

The story evolves from there and I never became bored with it. Although I couldn't really say there was must action in it, it still captivated me. Lia was a brilliant heroine and as the book developed I became more and more involved in her story. The prince and the assassin were great too and we got to hear from their perspectives as well as Lia's, which was interesting. A lot of the book was just Lia at the village yet the author wrote it so well it was a really quick read. The only problem that I found with this was that I had the prince and the assassin mixed up for the majority of the book. it was probably just something that happened to me though. So, I rate this book a 4/5 stars.

I highly recommend The Kiss Of Deception and don't be put off by the lack of action in it because it really doesn't affect it negatively. Send me a comment if you thought about this book differently or if this post has made you want to read it!

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment