Saturday 7 May 2016

Book Review - Fangirl By Rainbow Rowell

This is another contemporary stand-alone novel by Rainbow Rowell.

It follows a set of twins, Cath and Wren, who are going to college. Wren is very sociable and outgoing while Cath is the total opposite and likes to write fan fiction. It follows their journey through college, how Wren and Cath drift apart and don't do as much together as they used to and the story of Cath's fan fic. When Cath meets her roommate's boyfriend, she may have to step out of her comfort zone a bit. 

I liked this book but I didn't think it was brilliant or anything. I don't really understand where all the hype is coming from. I know that sounds as if I really don't like it but there were some aspects I really enjoyed and some that I really didn't, so it's kind of mixed feelings for me. I really liked Cath, I thought she was easy to relate to, but I didn't like the whole fan fiction part. There were pages of the actual fan fiction she was writing throughout the book and I just ended up skipping them. The romance was quite cute and I did enjoy reading that part of it. I also thought that it was dragged out too much and a lot of it seemed to be just Cath sitting in her room. Overall I'd just give it a 3.5/5 stars, it's still a pretty ok rating because, as I said, there were some aspects that I did enjoy.

I hope I didn't put you guys off too much because that's just my feelings towards this novel. If you do read it and have your own opinion please leave a comment so I can know.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment