Saturday 7 May 2016

Book Review - Eleanor and Park By Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & ParkThis book is a contemporary, stand alone novel by Rainbow Rowell.

It's about two teenagers, Eleanor and Park, quite obviously. Eleanor moves to a new school and already she is an outsider. She begins to get to know Park, who sits beside her on the bus, and they fall in love.

There is not much more to this novel than that because it's just a romance, but there are other issues involved too. Eleanor's family life is very hard and things like abuse show up, which I found very hard to read. I felt so sorry for her and upset but that really shows how well it was written. I really liked Eleanor as a character and she was so strong despite everything that was happening to her. I give it 4/5 stars just because at times I found it hard to process. I liked that even though the romance was the main focus, there were other aspects threaded through the story also. 

I highly recommend this book as a quick, cute but thought provoking novel.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment