Tuesday 23 June 2015

Book Review - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

This book, Scarlet, is the second installment in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series. It is a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. 
Image result for scarlet marissa meyer cover

It follows Cinder who is trying to escape from prison along with Scarlet Benoit who is in France. Her grandmother is missing and she finds out her grandmother has been keeping secrets from her. Then she meets Wolf, who is a street fighter, and she thinks he has information on where her grandmother is. They go on a journey to find her and on the way they meet up with Cinder and together they have to try to make a plan on how to stop the Lunar Queen Levana, who would do anything to make Prince Kai her husband.

This book was just as good as Cinder and the new characters were very intriguing and funny. I really enjoyed it and the plot was very good and again it was a major page turner.4.5/stars.

Give this series a try, I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Leah. 

5 comments:

  1. This blog is so cool I am happy that I found it cause I love reading as well but I never know which books are good. I am hopefully going to get isle of the lost because of your review. Thank you Leah please keep reviewing books. I absolutely love 💜 the divergent series too they are amazing. If you haven't already read it I would recommend wonder by r.j palico. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its really cool you should definitely keep doing it. I would also reccomend Wonder and The Fault in Our Stars, if you haven't read them. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anna for the comment!! I have read and LOVED Wonder but I haven't read The Fault in Our Stars, so I'll add it to my list and hopefully get around to it soon. I hope you find something on my blog that suits your interests and if there is, please comment again and tell me :)

      Delete
  3. I read scarlet and thought it was amazing I have started reading a new book called frozen by Melissa De La Cruz and Michael Johnston. So far it's been sooo good. I am hoping to get cinder or cress next. Thanks Leah ,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Elaine, I'm glad you liked Scarlet, definitely read the others as they are just as good if not better!!!! I'll check out Frozen, thanks for telling me about it, I love to read something different.
    If you read Cress and Cinder, tell me what you think of them.

    Thanks Elaine,
    Leah.

    ReplyDelete