Wednesday 17 June 2015

Book Review - The Isle Of The Lost by Melissa De La Cruz

The Isle Of The Lost was written by Melissa De La Cruz. I bought my hardback copy of the book from The Book Depositary, which offers free postage and packaging worldwide, for €16.05.

The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants NovelThe book is the prequel to the new Disney Channel Original Movie which is coming out this summer - Descendants. It follows the Disney villains Jafar, Maleficent, Cruella De Vil and Evil Queen along with their children. They have been banished to the Isle of The Lost which is surrounded by a force field and stripped of their magical powers. Mal, who is Maleficent's daughter, learns that the Dragon's Eye, which is the key to true darkness, is hidden in her mother's scepter somewhere on the island. But the Dragon's Eye is cursed, and whoever touches it will fall asleep for a thousand years. So Mal puts together a plan to retrieve the Eye and sets out on the quest with her three friends. 

I really enjoyed the book and the character development was brilliant as the villain's children realized it wasn't so bad to be good. The characters were written really well and you could really see their
personalities come out. I would rate this book 4/5.

I hope you decide to read this book and that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Leah.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is so cool I am happy that I found it cause I love reading as well but I never know which books are good. I am hopefully going to get isle of the lost because of your review. Thank you Leah please keep reviewing books. I absolutely love 💜 the divergent series too they are amazing. If you haven't already read it I would recommend wonder by r.j palico. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elaine, I really appreciate the comment. Definitely get Isle of The Lost, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the movie is coming out on Disney Channel in July, so I can't wait for that either! Yes, I love the Divergent series so much :D I read Wonder a while ago and I loved it, it was so beautifully written.
      If you loved Wonder I would highly recommend "Ways To Live Forever" by Sally Nicholls. It's about a young boy who is suffering from leukemia and how he is preparing to die. It was beautifully written, like Wonder, but it was tragically sad. All the same I think you should try it. If you do come back to me with what you thought.

      Thank you Elaine.
      Leah.

      Delete