Monday 15 June 2015

About My Reading Obsession.

Right now, I'm obsessed with fantasy and dystopian novels. I spend a lot of my time with my head stuck in a book. I also spend a lot of time on YouTube researching new releases and popular YA books. This is an essential resource for me when I'm trying to find new and interesting books to read.

Sometimes I borrow books from my local library. I occasionally buy books in a bookshop or online from The Book Depository. However, I read most of my books on my kindle which I got for Christmas. It is my favourite piece of technology of all time!

Quite often I can't get the books I want to read from the library so I download them onto my kindle, which is much cheaper than buying the real thing. 

I love to go into bookshops to browse as I'm almost as obsessed with the book covers and binding as I am with the stories!

Thanks for reading and I hope you keep checking my posts from now on.

Leah. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah,
    My name is Katherine Shaw and I live in Scotland. My Dad, Kieran, and your mum are cousins, so we are second cousins. I think your blog looks really cool and is very professional. I am nearly 11 and wondered if you had any good recommendations for me? I like reading all different things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Katherine!
      I am terribly sorry it took me so long to reply to you. It's so nice to hear from you and to know the connection between us. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm glad you're reading my blog, although I know I haven't posted in a while.
      When I was your age I read a lot of books by Michael Morpurgo, so I would recommend any of his work for you to read. Also I would have read the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer which follows a 12 year old boy named Artemis, who is very smart and the son of an Irish crime lord! He carries out a lot of research and believes he has discovered that fairies exist so he decides to hunt them down. It's a very funny series that I think you would enjoy and if you were to start it, the whole series would last you a long time.
      I hope you find either of these authors of some interest and if you would like any more recommendations or to chat, you can add another comment and I will come back to you much quicker this time.

      Thanks Katherine!
      Leah.

      Delete