Thursday 18 June 2015

Book Review - Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I read this book a while ago but it was so good I decided to review it. Cinder was written by Marissa Meyer. It's a fairy-tale retelling of Cinderella and is the first novel in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series.

It's based in a futuristic New-Beijing with humans and androids. The main character, Cinder, is a mechanic and a cyborg. A plague is spreading and the lunar people watch, but no one knows that the Earths fate is in Cinder's hands. Cinder, who has a mysterious past, lives as a second-class citizen with her stepmother and two stepsisters. She meets Prince Kai and she gets to know him. Then she, along with Dr. Erland, realises she has to try to figure out her past in order to protect Earth's future.

I absolutely loved this book and I've never read anything like it before. It's a big page turner and I thought it was so interesting when Cinder finally found out about her past. This book definitely deserves a 5/5 stars, I couldn't put it down!

The next book in the series is Scarlet and I hope to review that too along with the rest of the books in the series.

If you've read this book already, let me know what you thought.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment