Thursday 18 August 2016

Book Review - Happily Ever After By Kiera Cass

Image result for happily ever after kiera cassHappily Ever After by Kiera Cass

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers

Release Date: 13 October 2015

Pages: 320

Summary: Happily Ever After is a romantic collection of four Selection novellas - The Prince, The Guard, The Queen and The Favorite. It also includes exclusive content such as art for each of the novellas, a new intro for each of the novellas and 3 brand new scenes from each of the first 3 novels.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this novel. It was a light read and it was just as enjoyable as the first three books. The map on the end papers was so beautiful as well as the drawings throughout the novellas.

I ordered this bind-up straight away after I finished The One because I couldn't get enough of the characters! Each novella let the reader get to know the specific character better and it was very interesting to read some of the scenes from the original Selection in different perspectives.

I loved all the novellas but I thought The Guard was drawn out a little bit too long. The scenes from Celeste were probably my favourite part as I loved reading about her character development. The 'Where Are They Now?' section wasn't particularly well written but it did tie up what happened to characters such as Natalie, Kriss and Elise after The One.

Overall I highly enjoyed reading this novella bind-up. I'm not a huge fan of novellas but these were a brilliant addition to the series. It's definitely a must read if you've read The Selection and loved the characters as much as I did!

If you've read The Selection, are you planning to read the novellas too? It's worth your while!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment