Wednesday 6 January 2016

Book Review - The Wrath And The Dawn By Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and The Dawn is the first book in a series by Renee Ahdieh.
The Wrath and the Dawn
It follows a girl named Shahrzad who lives in a land ruled by a vicious boy king named Khalid who, takes a new bride every night and has them killed at dawn. Then, when Shahrzad volunteers to get revenge on the king for killing her friend, suspicion rises. Even more so when Shahrzad manages to survive through the dawn. She soon discovers that Khalid is not all that he seems.

This book was absolutely brilliant. I loved the concept and I especially loved Shahrzad and Khalid's relationship, it really made the book for me. This developed throughout the course of the book and we saw how they both changed as people. I also loved the little stories Shahrzad told Khalid because I'd often find myself just skimming through those sort of bits in other books but they completely held my attention here.The plot was also great and I was drawn into the story by the end of the first chapter. I rate this book a 5/5 stars easily.

The second book is coming out in a few months and it is one of my most anticipated books of 2016.

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment