Wednesday 6 January 2016

Book Review - My True Love Gave To Me By Stephanie Perkins

This book is a collection of Christmas themed short stories written by various YA authors but edited by the well known Stephanie Perkins. 

There isn't much of a description of the book I can give you. It includes twelve romantic, holiday stories. Some of them are about Christmas and Hanukkah, others are about Winter's Solstice or New Year's. 

I found this book so cute. It was very lighthearted and sometimes even humorous. The majority of the stories were very good with brilliant characters. I'm usually not a big fan of short stories but I wanted to get this book to get into the Christmas mood. A lot of the stories left me wanting to hear more about the characters after which I suppose is a good thing. I rate this book a 4.5/5 stars.

I know it's a little late now but I think this book is great for anyone who wants to get into the holiday mood or to give to someone as a Christmas present.   

Leah.

2 comments:

  1. Josette and JewellJuly 27, 2016 8:41 am

    Hi, Leah! You're blog is beautiful! The owls are especially cute and we love your bio picture, very cool choice of filter. We love so many of the authors who contributed to this book and Stephanie Perkins did a great job as an editor. We would recommend Anna and the French Kiss series if you haven't already read them of course. Anna and Etienne are my (Jewell's) favorite couple out of the series even though their love story had arguably the most turmoil. Also, Summer Days & Summer Nights is the sort of anthology sequel to My True Love Gave To Me, so maybe you could review it at some point in the future! We haven't read it yet, but we would love to see you're thoughts on how it stacks up. It's very cool to see someone else's perspective on a novel and have a discussion. Looking forward to your new posts and congratulations on your awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josette and Jewell!! I haven't read the Anna and The French Kiss series but I'll definitely add it to my wishlist. Yeah, I heard about Summer Days and Summer Nights and I really want to get it! Can't wait to have further discussions with you guys!!

      Delete